Friday, May 7, 2010

Poker Obsession/Evolution

What can I say, I've came a long way, but still have a long way to go... I've been obsessed with the game of no limit Texas Holdem for the last 4 years... I began playing online primarily at pokerstars & fulltilt...of course I had the typical lose-redeposit, lose-redeposit, break-even, finally show a little profit learning curve that most everyone goes through... I've forsaken most of my old hobbies, preferring to become an ardent student of poker... I prefer tournament formats, have played a ton of sitngo's, became involved with HeadsUpPro.com, where Sean Grady helped me hone my heads up poker skills to that of a professional...I've finally started playing live in the last 6 months & believe it or not, find it much easier than online poker! I did very well in my 1st ever WSOP circuit events...ITM in the 1st one & 4 people from the $ in the 2nd. ( I could've squeaked into the $ in the 2nd one, but I was swinging for the fence...
I own & have read 80+ poker books...most of them about NLHE tournament play... 1 book finally came along that made tons of difference, giving me a cutting edge advantage over a great number of my opponents...Mitchell Cogerts 101 Winning Moves...After reading it, I've won 3 of the last 4 live games I've been in...got sucked out on in the 4th...these are small 1-3 table live tournaments with a 10k starting stack & 20 min blinds...
I'm loving the new Fulltilt Step tournaments...am going to attempt a WSOP pkg win, but shorter term, they are a dandy way to get to higher priced tourneys with only a $3 initial investment...step 3 & up, you can use your step ticket to buy in to any tournament or sitngo of equal value!!! All for now. JB

1 comment:

  1. Johnny B:

    Thanks for the mention of my poker book.

    Keep up the great results and win that WSOP package!

    Regards,
    Mitchell

    ReplyDelete